Jesse L. Carr, Clinical Professor of Pathology, and Clinical Professor and Chairman, Division of Legal Medicine, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, California
- University of California, Santa Barbara. Office of Public Information
- Creation Date:
- University of California, San Francisco and Teachers
- photographic prints, photographs, and portraits
Title from label on back. Date from stamp on back.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Jesse L. Carr, M.D. Clinical Professor of Pathology and of Legal Medicine, San Francisco Medical Center. THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY, The structure of physiological privacy. Is one ever really alone or does anyone ever really want to be? What are the compensations and balances of and for privacy, if it exists? Privacy of possessions. What can man have in private? The greatest boon of scholarship is privacy, the privacy of ideas. But to give such private possessions value they must be shared. Dr. Jesse Carr was raised in California, graduated from the University of California and from the Harvard School of Medicine. He was a resident in both surgery and pathology at the University of California, and has been associated with the departments of Pathology and Legal Medicine for thirty-five years. He is now Clinical Professor of Pathology and Clinical Professor and Chairman of the Department of Legal Medicine. From 1933 to 1948 Dr. Carr was also San Francisco City Pathologist and Pathologist to the Coroner of San Francisco. In 1954-1956 he was visiting Professor of Pathology at the University of Djakarta, Indonesia.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 26 x 21 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Events: Lectures, c. 1963-1966
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- In Copyright
- Copyright Holder:
- University of California (System). Regents
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.