Visitors and Dr. Mary Erickson looking on as California Gray whales migrating by the Santa Barbara College beach during College Day
- Gilberts of Goleta
- Creation Date:
- [circa 1953-1969]
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara College, Oceans, Teachers, Beaches, and Events
- Goleta (Calif.)
- photographic prints and photographs
Title supplied by library staff from accompanying information. Date from finding aid.
- [Item description]. University Archives photographs collection. UArch 112. Department of Special Research Collections, UC Santa Barbara Library, University of California, Santa Barbara.
Hundreds of students visited the Santa Barbara College beach during College Day and many saw the California Grey Whales surface and spout a short distance off shore during the northern migration. Dr. Mary Erickson, chairman of the college biological sciences department, points to one of the whales while Jo Greiner (left), E. W. Hammond and his daughter Jean, look on. Both girls are from University High School, Westwood.
- Physical Description:
- 1 photograph : print ; sheet 21 x 26 cm
- Still Image
- University Archives photographs collection
- Series I. Photographs. Subseries D. Goleta Campus
- Events: University Day / College Day & Super Saturday / Open House, 1953-1987
- Library Location:
- Department of Special Research Collections
- Local Identifier:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks (contact the department of Special Research Collections at the UC Santa Barbara Library for more information). Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.